We design interiors, furniture and objects for the human space
DDW 2016 Invitation
Please feel welcome to visit us from 22nd – 30th of October in our Studio!
- National Museum Stockholm | Sweden
- Dutch Culture Council | Netherlands
- Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam | Netherlands
- Centraal Museum Utrecht | Netherlands
- Atelier van Licht | Netherlands
- Mae Engelgeer | Netherlands
- Studio Harm Rensink | Netherlands
- Oilily Nederland | Netherlands
- Bijenkorf | Netherlands
- Tedx Amsterdam | Netherlands
In my Studio the craftsman meets the designer on an equal level. Concept and Craft are complementing processes in which I search for essence and function in a clear plain design language.
The human nature forms a rich source of inspiration for my work resulting in objects that often evoke interaction between the user and space. In my scope an object can become a space (Closet Space 2014), or a wall can become an object (Wardrobe 2013) I aim to create objects that harmonize with architecture, creating space for the human.
- MINI Design Award | Blickfang Basel 2015
- Spine Stool | Category Furniture
Rene Siebum, born in Nijmegen (1981, the Netherlands) after High School applied for Business School at the University of Utrecht. During this period he worked at a small woodwork company in which he gained experience in the field of furniture making. After graduating the Utrecht Business School, the desire to “create” became stronger, this formed the basis for applying the Design Academy Eindhoven. Within the Academy he chose the department Man & Well Being in which he graduated in may 2009. The philosophy of the department “form follows feeling” is adopted in the work of current day studio.
- Dutch Design Week 2016 | Kokoro
- Salone del Mobile 2016 | Masterly | Spine Stool
- Dutch Design Week 2015 | Spine Stool | Wardrobes
- Dutch Design Week 2014 | The Human Space & We Think Highly Of
- Salone del Mobile 2014 | Collection 2014
- Dutch Design Week 2012 | Collection 2013
- Dutch Design Week 2012 | Collection 2012
- Dutch Design Week 2011 | Collection 2011
- Dutch Design Week 2010 | Bewonderd Bevlogen en Beleefd
- Design Week 2009 | Graduation Show Design Academy